Saturday, January 21, 2012

joy dare twenty-one

Day 21: one thing in the sky, one thing from your memory, one thing that's ugly-beautiful.
One thing in the sky: Not a bird. Not a plane. Not Superman. Have I mentioned yet how much I love stars? Pricks of brilliantly beautiful light that are really thousands of suns far, far away. What a gift!
One thing from my memory: Trips to Maine. I've probably blogged about them before, but long car rides are never a big deal to me because of going back and forth from West Virginia to Maine for all those years. I think it's been said that we only remember the good from certain times in our lives- that's the only reason they're the "good old days." Well, I remember fights with Zoe and fidgety-ness and soreness from the trip. But what I remember much more is singing for the last hour of the way home. All seven of us, singing silly songs and eventually praise songs and hymns until we got home. Those memories are a blessing. 
One thing that's ugly-beautiful: Hmm... There have definitely been things that I have looked at and thought "Yikes. That's so ugly it's cute" (don't ask me why). I think bulldogs can fall under this category. They're sooo ugly. They're sooo pretty. And yes. I am thankful for bulldogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment