Monday, January 9, 2012

joy dare seven and eight

Day 7: 3 Graces from people you love.
1. love. Definitely a grace.
2. smiles and laughter. Such great gifts.
3. hugs. There's almost nothing that can turn around a bad day quite like a hug. Well, maybe a well-placed laugh or smile.

Day 8: Light that caught you, a reflection that surprised you, a shadow that fell lovely.
Light that caught me: This morning, I woke up and it was sunny and gorgeous outside. So nice, you know? Weather can make a day better. And sunshine usually makes me pretty happy.
Reflection that surprised me: I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me before. It's obvious, really. But Brooke (she was realllly excited to see me), Hope, Michelle and Lauren came into the store today while I was working. And they were glad to see me, and I was glad to see them. And I noticed that a couple of people I work with were smiling, happy to see people who were happy to see each other. There's something about seeing other people delighting in each other's company that makes people happy. Isn't that great, that gladness can sort of spread like that?
Shadow that fell lovely: Shadows are pretty. I think my favorite ones are the ones that fall on the grass when trees are waving in the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment