Thursday, January 26, 2012

joy dare twenty-five and twenty-six

Day 25: One grace borrowed, one grace found, one grace inherited.
One grace borrowed: Well, I'm not really in the habit of borrowing things... Ever. Except clothing from my sister(s). But it's very convenient sometimes to have two totally different wardrobes at (more or less) your disposal;) 
One grace found: I have found that, because I am not the only flawed one, people are forgiving. It's such a blessing when someone looks at you after you've hurt them and decides they can forgive you- because they know what it is to make a mistake.
One grace inherited: Last night, I sat at the kitchen table with my grandfather and he read Ecclesiastes to me. He would read a few verses, give his interpretation of that, and find a few more that he particularly liked. He enjoys reading the Word so much. I've been given by my parents and grandparents so many examples of love for God. 

Day 26: A gift before 9am, a gift before noon, a gift after dark.
A gift before 9am: Honestly, I did not do much before 9am this morning. I had read my Bible before then, though. I read 1 Samuel 12. I can't say that I had any sort of "Aha!" moment while reading this chapter, but I'm so glad that I am able to read the Bible without hiding or fear.
A gift before noon: Blue cheese-stuffed green olives. Yumm.
A gift after dark: Sitting with Zoe and Aunt Gail and playing with and laughing at the dogs. Simple pleasures:)

No comments:

Post a Comment