We were kinda-sorta hit by a hurricane today. But not really. I think we were technically underneath Irene, starting yesterday afternoon, but we didn't get much more than a little rain and a good, strong wind.
We had 17 people in church this morning, including four Lowes. I didn't even print the bulletins. But it was good :) We sang, we listened to the message, we played ping-pong and worked on a puzzle, and went home.
It's been a quiet day for me. I did my nails, knit a few inches on my project (my beautiful hand-dyed vegetable fiber yarn is turning my fingers blue), watched Julie and Julia. Believe it or not, I'm actually thinking about going to bed- and it's 9:30. I think I want to make apple crepes in the morning, but I want to make sure I get plenty of sleep tonight. Tomorrow will probably be working on school in the morning/afternoon, then I work from 4:30 to 9. I'll have to get used to a schedule like that. I'd rather work in the morning and relax in the afternoon/evening, but that's not really going to work with school and work and church. I'm going to have to suck it up - and drink a lot of coffee (I swore I wouldn't be a part of the family addiction to caffeine, too...).
Right now, I'd kind of like to feel accomplished. Play piano or cook something delicious or read a classic novel while knitting. But sleep... Well, sleep looks awfully good right now, too.
P.S. Every time I look at the labels that I could tag a newly written post with, I see the label "Love" and I want to click it. Probably in no small way due to the fact that I have such a very big family- biological, spiritual, all over the eastern half of North America and even in other parts of the world (namely Moldova)- and they just seem to be getting more numerous all the time. I feel like whenever I write an update or just a few thoughts out, it covers or contains someone, something, or both, that I love dearly. Joy.
Praise God.
No comments:
Post a Comment