Tuesday, October 11, 2011

i didn't really mean to be this sappy.

Megan and I have been the best of friends for about 11 years now- more or less from the day we met on. For some reason, even though we were almost polar opposites as young girls, we just fit together perfectly.

We're close because we've been through hard things together. When we were little, our common problem was crazy younger sisters (each of whom we both love dearly). As we got older, our goal to be Godly young teenagers was what held us together- because it's not easy to find someone your age that shares your views so closely on these things. And in the last year, each of us have been through a lot of life-changing things- together. Some of these things have been different, and some have been the same, but we've been there for each other through it all.

Megan and I were and still are pretty different personality-wise. She's more outgoing, more confident. Although I think I may have begun to catch up to her a little bit in that area (moving 800 miles sort of gives you a chance to get better at introducing yourself to people. Funny how that works), I'd still say she's a lot more fearless than I am. As a little girl, she was downright bossy {I say this with love, dear;)}, which has since turned into an awesome ability for leadership that is going to bless a lot of people as my friend comes into their lives.

As little girls, we wanted different things for our lives. I've always known I want a family. I'll probably be a stay-at-home mom for at least a few years of my life- and I'm also certain that I'm always going to be part of some sort of Christian ministry. Megan's philosophy as a little girl, though, was sort of that you couldn't enjoy life as much with kids, and she used to talk about not having kids until she was thirty and had had time to enjoy herself. I still remember that conversation- I laugh about it now. Because now, my dear sweet friend is being called to be a stay-at-home mom, quite possibly in ministry of some sort as well, and she's ecstatic about that calling. I could never have imagined that the two of us would have such similar dreams, but I'm very glad that we do.

My point in all of this is that I am so, so incredibly blessed. I'm so grateful to have been blessed with someone who knows me, who understands my dreams, and who has and will continue to learn with me throughout my entire life.  If it's possible, moving so far apart from one another has almost made us closer. I am so thankful for my closest friend, and for the joy that God has given us in growing up together, especially over these last few months.

Love ya, Meg!

No comments:

Post a Comment