I went back to WV with my family a couple weeks ago. My cousin was getting married, so we went and stayed for a few days.
I think Mom and Dad thought it was too early to go back, but for me, I think the timing is just right.
Someone posted this song to Facebook last night, and it really reminded me of myself.
I don’t want to leave here
I don’t want to stay
It feels like pinching to me
Either way
And the places I long for the most
Are the places where I’ve been
They are calling out to me
Like a long lost friend
It’s not about losing faith
It’s not about trust
It’s all about comfortable
When you move so much
And the place I was wasn’t perfect
But I had found a way to live
And it wasn’t milk or honey
But then neither is this
I’ve been painting pictures of Egypt,
Leaving out what it lacks
The future feels so hard,
And I wanna go back!
But the places that used to fit me
Cannot hold the things I’ve learned
Those roads were closed off to me
While my back was turned!
The past is so tangible
I know it by heart
Familiar things are never easy
To discard
I was dying for some freedom
But now I hesitate to go
I am caught between the Promise
And the things I know
I’ve been painting pictures of Egypt,
Leaving out what it lacks
The future feels so hard,
And I wanna go back!
But the places that used to fit me,
Cannot hold the things I’ve learned
Those roads were closed off to me
While my back was turned!
If it comes too quick
I may not appreciate it
Is that the reason behind all this time and sand?
And if it comes too quick
I may not recognize it
Is that the reason behind all this time and sand
I'd been painting pictures of West Virginia, leaving out what it lacked.
I think these lyrics tell you almost exactly how I felt a couple months ago. But not so much any more :). I'm starting to not want to go back anymore. I mean, yes, I want to visit as much as possible, but I'm coming to find that, because I don't miss the places and things as much as I miss the people (who I can talk to regularly, 830 miles or not), going back isn't so desirable to me any more. I actually like it here. :)
Amazingly enough, I am more and more glad to be here. If you strive to remain close to God, you'll come to be happy where He puts you. At least, that's what I'm getting from all this.
LOVE that song! That was totally where I was when we moved up here too, from Virginia. We are so so happy that you all moved up here. We LOVE having you around closer, and the girls LOVE that they are getting to know their Aunties and Grandparents. I am so glad to be able to spend time with you. You are my family, and I'm loving getting to know you guys more and more. Love ya Charis!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Becky. :) I love you guys and that we get to see you about 52 times as often these days! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the song, too. We tend to do this sort of thing in many areas of our lives. I think you are an amazing young woman, and I am thankful that you want God to be a work in your life. He has good things in store for you.
ReplyDelete