Last Sunday seems like it was some time last month. It’s been a long week- not necessarily in a bad way, though.
I got asked to teach piano lessons to a couple of elementary school girls. I’m hopefully going to teach them the basics of sheet music and chords (beyond that, I got nothin’). We had our first lesson on Tuesday, and it started out a little wobbly, but once I figured out where to start, it was good :). I think the girls may actually have learned something!!
We’ve had a carpenter from church here for most of the week working on our bathroom downstairs. She’s taken out the sink and toilet, scraped up the yucky linoleum floor, and laid us a beautiful tile floor so far. Next week, she’ll finish grouting the floor and we’ll paint, then we’ll put the appliances back in.
With her have come her two daughters (my piano students), and we’ve had a good time playing basketball, swinging, puzzle-piecing, card-and-paper-fashion-making, and library-going with them.
Also this week, we had Addie, my brother’s fantastic 2-yr.-old, spend the night with us. I played with her most of the day on Thursday. :) I also got to go to the beach with her- a trip she LOVED. It was low tide and too cold for her to take her shoes off, but I having the insensitive hillbilly feet that I do, I slipped mine off and carried her to the water. It was awesome. Favorite quotes of the beach trip:
“The waves are splashing to me!!”
(gasping as she saw a wave roll up) “Oh no!! It’s gonna get us!!”
Also on that trip, I found a sand dollar! It’s little and grey. I’ve never seen a gray sand dollar before. But it rocks. :)
We’ve had our doors open and seemingly random people in and out of the house all week. I love it! I thrive on fellowship, and I’m always happy when someone shows up for a visit.
All this, together with that painful decision about Moldova (see previous post) has added up to make me pretty tired, but I’m tired and happy, which is the best tired to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment