My Grampa bought me some gingersnaps while we were in Maine. I think gingersnaps are awesome. They’re probably my favorite cookie.
My Grammy loved gingersnaps, and we always had them in Maine. Never at home, although all of us like them.
Not even home-made gingersnaps. Just regular, store-bought ones.
I hadn’t had one since Grammy died, back in January 2006. But they were just as good as ever.
I guess maybe I associate them with happiness or something, because being in Maine has almost always been happy for me.
Anyway, I missed them. I'm glad they were as good as I remember them being.
I also had Canada mints while I was up there. I brought some home. I just got them because I remembered Hannah getting them a lot and liking them when she shared. So, I decided to get some.
My Aunt Gail told me when she saw I'd gotten some that my Grammy always liked Canada mints. Which is something I had not realized.
I miss my Grammy. Maine is different without her.
Sometimes, it seems like things can never be as good as they once were (which, by the way, is not true. And I know that. But, still).
No comments:
Post a Comment